Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here tuned their vr6 3.6 engine. Unitronic is having an end of season sale that ends this week so I’m considering it. They are claiming an extra 28HP. Looking for feedback from people that have actually chipped their Passat. Looked around on other forums but can’t find many topics on the 3.6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
282 Posts
Has anyone here tuned their vr6 3.6 engine. Unitronic is having an end of season sale that ends this week so I’m considering it. They are claiming an extra 28HP. Looking for feedback from people that have actually chipped their Passat. Looked around on other forums but can’t find many topics on the 3.6.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Since the early 2000's models most "tuning" is done via the OBDII port using a special tool you can either buy or rent from a tuner. Sending the ECU in would or is not my preference.
Now I do not have your engine but my TDI is tuned by using the OBDII port and I bought the tool so I can remove or re-install the tune at will, i.e taking the car to the dealer for warranty work.

Malone Tuning out of Surrey,BC does gasser tuning. If Kerma in the USA do gasssers,I do not know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts