Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2013 B7 2.5 L
51 Posts
RE: ABS - You can 1) Reset the DTCs and see if it comes back. 2) Disconnect the battery overnight (forcing the computer to reboot). Make sure you have your radio code. 3) Clean your battery terminals, and clean any rust or grease off the grounding point for the ABS module. If it is the ABS module; in newer models, VW forces us to buy the Pump and Controller Assembly which can run $2000. I have no affiliation with the company in the link below, but other people have purchased rebuilt abs modules from them. One note about rebuilds. The more you pay, the longer the warranty, but the parts in the module are all the same quality.

ABS module repair rebuild service for 97 98 99 00 01 02 03 VW Volkswagen Passat | eBay amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAsCvh%2F6927kpEPlQxxEH66UbqfZmQPHj2Ug75yhQH4%2FFVMJc6UGUc8Y3XFPrEusKCJoJX5k6BZ3qK%2FxrLHvV66x%2FXIX6az4ib%2Blpz9fAaAKvE5icjgon0PakWWFXd5S3aEC9fmb0Wiy%2FnPB2sRsgTNztCQ4xFlpXwsZ59vXE7qE4F0znCKBNifZvpOj1iIS4CNedpenTSIWWHrVa7kscvn07rBDdhrEt8VASK7eTuqZzK%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR4aQ6f-TYQ

Reactions: Ellie

· Registered
2013 B7 2.5 L
51 Posts
Thank you so much Tobias. The ABS module was changed at VW dealership and the light and blinking came on a week after that. This was a while ago, but I will provide this info., to my VW mechanic to address it.
Ellie:

When the ABS module is replaced, it needs to be re-coded to the ECU. After that, it requires an Adaption be run. This can be done with VCDS and some other apps that talk to the car. It cannot be done with regular ODBII scanners. You might want to have the programing checked.

You can learn more here, but the part numbers will be different: https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/1714/

Also, the Secondary Air Pump that comes on when the car starts up, changes the sound of the exhaust until the cat comes up to temp. Makes the car just a little throatier until it shuts off. The combi valve works with the SAI to heat the cat.

· Registered
2013 B7 2.5 L
51 Posts
Ellie:

The Secondary Air Injection system may have gotten bumped when the Thermostat housing was replaced. @VAGguy, I don't know the layout of this engine well enough to advise here. If during the thermostat service something was jarred, what should Ellie tell her mechanic to look for, and possibly apologize for missing?

Toby

1 - 3 of 3 Posts