Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 216 Posts

·
One more time, and I'm outta here
5,841 Posts
2001 GLS 1.8T Trip (she is pritty lookin)

15.7 @ 89 mph

Wet Chip
COAM
on 15" stock rims
93 oct 1/2 a tank
Set of golf clubs in the trunk

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,267 Posts
I lost my slips, but IIRC:

16.8 @ 89 mph.

'98 AEB Tip. This was November '04, engine in peak tune with the Cartech, stock ECU, 440's, blah, blah, blah.

At this altitude (5300 ft) it's a bog-a-thon off the line. I'd love to run at sea level...

·
Registered
880 Posts
Christian......those golf clubs musta gave u a nice boost!!!!

i cant wait to run it again....i gotta find smaller rims/tires....i should DEF be close to a low 15.......whats the fastest passat 1/4 time?.....also whats the fastest TIP passat time?....on stock turbos of course

·
One more time, and I'm outta here
5,841 Posts
I took the clubs out and ran a 16.1.

There is a kid with a NEON that ran a 12.8. Those new turbo/intake kits that are on them make that little clown car roar. We are going back to the strip at the end of August again. I haven't done any preformance mods to my car since then (new DV on the way). Will a DV make any difference?

The strip we run at is 227 feet above sea level. Is the air at 5000 + feet make that big of a difference?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I run a [email protected], kinda Shi*$y. First time at the track. I'd love to improve. Honestly I didn't want to spin my tires through first and second, so I let off the throttle a bit. I'm chipped with a Nuespeed 1.0 bar. Passat B5 1.8T 99'. Hoping to go back when I get the abd intake. I'm looking for numbers in the mid to high 16's.

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,267 Posts
Christian P said:
...Is the air at 5000 + feet make that big of a difference?
Absolutely. Every time I go below 2000 ft it's like getting chipped, and the car is so mean off the line that it freaks me out. :D
vwturbo76 said:
Are low 14's possible without a bigger turbo????
I hope my K03 lasts long enough for me to find out. IIRC, Blade was running some really respectable times with stock turbo, but I don't recall for sure and I don't have any links. A search for posts by Blade would be illuminating...

·
Registered
880 Posts
heres what to do....my best 60 foot time was a 2.333.........stage till the bottom yellows come on....hold the break, hodl the gas till about 2000 rpm or so....light turns green let it go

·
Registered
215 Posts
whats the best way to launch with the manual, with my integra revving to like 4k and slipping the clutch worked really well but it had a much stronger aftermarket clutch. i was at racing event at a local stoplight the other day and tried the same way. the clutch didnt hold and i got to smell burnt clutch the whole way home. so whats the trick with passats?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I got a 16.2

I have a Manual Trans

Mods:
APR 93 octane
Forge DV
TT Down pipe and exhaust
Bilstein Coilovers
heavy 18" hp racing wheels

I don't understand why I got such a bad time, I understand why my rims would slow me down, but not by that much.It was my first time at the track, but i have practiced many times before. What rpm do you guys launch at with a maunal trans?wat rpm do you shift with an apr chip? or any chip for that matter?

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
DANGGER25 said:
I don't understand why I got such a bad time, I understand why my rims would slow me down, but not by that much.It was my first time at the track, but i have practiced many times before. What rpm do you guys launch at with a maunal trans?wat rpm do you shift with an apr chip? or any chip for that matter?
You'd be surprised. Short sidewalls suck for launching. Throw your 15's on, drop your pressure to 10-15 psi, and have a go. Launch at 3k, shift @ 7k for 1st and 2nd, and you can probably shift around 6.2-6.5k for 3rd to 4th (I don't have the gearbox ratios in front of me, sorry). Don't be a pussy!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Yea, i'll try puttin my 15" rims on, i'm guessin that tire pressure is for the front. Yea, next time i'll take the tampon out before i go to race

1 - 20 of 216 Posts