Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a warning triangle kit from these "people" on 11/01/2006.
My order status was "May not ship until Wednesday".
When I called I was told they were waiting on the hardware (screws and spreader nuts).
Fine.
11/13/2006 I receive notice my order has shipped!
UPS tracking #, set to be delivered 11/17/2006.
UPS delivered it today as promised.
I have the Triangle
I have the correct bracket (in a box that had been taped shut, but was opened)
I have a small envelope with my hardware - sealed at one end, TORN OPEN AT THE OTHER, containing 2 screws...and NO spreader nuts!
They are no where to be found.
Oh - and they are closed on Friday, so they don't answer the phones.

Current Order Status?
pissed

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
I just purchased from them, everything went fine for me.
They're friendly when you get ahold of them and will probably respond quickly.
Weird they're closed on friday though.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know they have a decent reputation, nm+.
That's why I bought from them instead of some goober on e-bay located in Hong Kong.
Carousel Audi has the spreader nuts (on my way to Golden Valley now).
What really bothered me is that the envelope was visibly torn open.
That alone would cause me to at least look to make sure everything was there.

Your car scheduled to go in the shop yet?
You have bigger fish to fry than my 2 spreader nuts.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
The appraser's supposed to show up today.
Of course he was supposed to show up yesterday as well :rolleyes:
That is very weird that it was torn open. The was the open box an inner box or outer box?

·
Registered
545 Posts
I had the same problem with the spread nuts. I just called them and they send them along. They were great about it. Always happy with their service.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I called then immediately, and left a voice-mail, noting my less than satisfied state of mind. The box which contained the bracket had been opened. The package arrived sealed and undamaged - which is good for UPS.
The plan is to install tomorrow, so I went to Audi and paid $2.81 for my 2 pieces of plastic that I'd already paid once for.
17.8 mile round trip - burning 100 octane Shell (which isn't cheap) in my W8 (which gets less than stellar mpg in city driving).
Should I have waited?
Perhaps.

·
Registered
977 Posts
This is a great company and I would reccomend them to anyone. They may not have the best prices but I have always gotten what I was supposed to and always had great customer service.

There is no doubt in my mind that if you would have waited for them to solve your problem they would have.

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
I called then immediately, and left a voice-mail, noting my less than satisfied state of mind. The box which contained the bracket had been opened. The package arrived sealed and undamaged - which is good for UPS.
The plan is to install tomorrow, so I went to Audi and paid $2.81 for my 2 pieces of plastic that I'd already paid once for.
17.8 mile round trip - burning 100 octane Shell (which isn't cheap) in my W8 (which gets less than stellar mpg in city driving).
Should I have waited?
Perhaps.
Navice prolly got your nuts

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
At this point, my problem is solved, as I will get it installed tomorrow.
Maybe I am unrealistic, but my definition of a "kit" is that it contains all parts needed for assembly - unless otherwise noted.

·
Registered
11 Posts
As a former vendor, I strongly suggest calling (which you did) before posting about your dissatisfaction. Yeah, it sucks that you had to go to the dealer, and I'm sure they will make up for that somehow.

Now, if you call on Monday and they tell you to go scratch, then you've got something to yell about.

Things happen. Someone put a returned box back on the shelf by mistake. Or, their distributor sent them a returned box by mistake. Or the manufacturer did it. There could be a lot of reasons. What matters is how they handle it for you.

As far as being closed, I suspect they are a mom-n-pop operation much like I was. Perhaps their kid got sick, or they went away for the weekend. Who knows.

It's just a triangle, after all. I've been through this before with a customer installing a clutch, another installing a turbo, another with suspension. It could be worse :)

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
bksuperman, I also have a fire extinguisher in the kitchen, though I'm not expecting to have a fire anytime soon.
My gripe is simple - the stuff was obviously rat-f*cked. They didn't check it.
Yesterday was a bad day, that's all.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My install went as planned for this afternoon.
All is well, though I wish I had a template for the hole(s) etc.
Fortunately the bracket itself cover a multitude of sins.
Good product, all oem, looks good.
On to the next senseless modification...

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No - nothing special, and plenty of pics floating around of the triangle.
What's up with the Variant?
Haven't looked lately for an update.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts