Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Happy New Year 2007!

I just bought a 1998 1.8T PASSAT, on Dec 2006. Everything is fine and the Engine is great, except some interior problem.
The drawer lock was broken. I have check with distributor. It cost HKD1253.

Where could I found second hand parts in Hong Kong and garage good at Passat service?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hello, seldom notice some passat guys from Hong Kong. We belong to the minority group here in HK.
How's your experience owning passats in HK? I find it very uneasy whether getting parts for mods or buying decent maintenance service.

·
Registered
354 Posts
What are the mods you've done on your B5?
Not many. I've lowered on H&R Sports springs with 1BE shocks. This has really reduced some excessive sway motion of the car.
I read from this forum some passaters have chipped with Wett. I wish to have this mod but am not sure where this can be done with some confidence. I checked with DCH they responded they would not do this.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Not many. I've lowered on H&R Sports springs with 1BE shocks. This has really reduced some excessive sway motion of the car.
I read from this forum some passaters have chipped with Wett. I wish to have this mod but am not sure where this can be done with some confidence. I checked with DCH they responded they would not do this.

Of coz DCH won't do this for you.
I have Wett chipped since 02. Nothing bad except over powered.
Going up the slope to Shing Mun Tunnel with 5th gear all the way is not a problem.:thumbup:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Of coz DCH won't do this for you.
I have Wett chipped since 02. Nothing bad except over powered.
Going up the slope to Shing Mun Tunnel with 5th gear all the way is not a problem.:thumbup:
What?! Over-powered!? Ha Ha Ha! Nobody even considers a WRX as over-powered. So why do you think yours is over-powered?
Did you chip yours by DIY? Can you let me know where you did yours?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
What?! Over-powered!? Ha Ha Ha! Nobody even considers a WRX as over-powered. So why do you think yours is over-powered?
Did you chip yours by DIY? Can you let me know where you did yours?
I said it is over-powered in 210Bhp because it has damaged the fragile tiptronic which can stand for maximum 195Bhp only. Fortunately it' was still in warranty period and a new geabox was replaced. I won't full boost in 1st gear since that case.

My B5 was chipped in a local Euro car tuner but it's no longer in business.
That was the ex-partner of TW.
You're reminded not to visit TW as it is well known as "water fish killer" among local euro car fans.

just pm me if you want my recommendation of reasonable local wett chipped.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Well DCH is the sole agent in Hong kong so it is normal they keep prices high, same like Shun Hing for Panasonic. If you want cheap you need to source out the parallel importers.
As for repair work I have found Challenger was ok but that was like in 1997, not know about now if they are still in business and if the same owner is there.
A parallel importer i know is former rallye car driver Micheal Liu which owns ProMax or something like that in Tin Hau, he imports from germany cars and parts but for price not the cheapest. I would agree china would be the cheapest alternative if you can find a supplier
Good luck !!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts