Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The head of the bolt is thrashed. Put on a 17mm ratchet, it slips. The way it is deformed I tried a 16mm and 18mm; no luck. Crescent wrench won't do the trick either. Can't get it off and it is now time for an oil change: especially after running Auto-RX the oil is filthy!

Perhaps it will need drilled out? I am up for DIY fixes before paying Tracy VW (Hyannis, MA) their extravagant rates.

It is the 17mm size bolt with the large head/built in washer; not the usual 19mm used on a majority of Passat. Anyone have a part number? Local stealership wanted $12.10 for it!!! :shock:

Until I get it replaced I might need to get the oil vacuumed out.

Stephen.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Do you have a pipe wrench ?

Even a large pair of locking pliers would probably work, you just need something with some teeth to bite into it.

My N.A ETKA says the part number's "059 103 193" for the real early AEBs.. anyone else confirm that?

I'd look at my receipe because I bought one a while back, but I can't find it :roll:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.