Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a '08 Passat Lux that I recently bought with a Votex body kit. A couple weeks ago I hit an animal that exploded the front piece. One thing that I noticed about the unit is that it's very susceptible to curbs when parking, due to how low it sits. The original piece had 4 sensors up high on the bumper (same with rear) that will be placed in the same fashion on the new unit. I asked the body guy that's putting the new unit on if he minded adding two sensors down on the lower lip of the bumper. He gave me a song and dance about how it needed to plug into an existing system and he didn't know if it would handle the extra pair, or if wires would be long enough, etc. I have a feeling he did just not want to do the extra work even though I was willing to cover him.

My question is, does anyone know if it's possible to add a pair in a lower location on the bumper and can you add them to what is likely a stock system from VW? I'm not positive it's stock, but am pretty sure the work was done prior to purchase by the original owner most likely at a dealership. And can any aftermarket pair be added, and what might the process entail?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I imagine that you want the sensors a certain distance away from the pavement, otherwise they will beep at you all the time! I don't know what that distance might be, however......10-12 inches?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fronts don't engage unless I push the button to the right of the shifter. The beeping isn't a problem unless there's a malfunction. I just want to protect that ridiculously expensive piece of plastic!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I cant imagine why that wouldnt work. As a tester I would try to mount them in one of the lower grills. Its cheaper to replace one of those as opposed the front cover.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys! I have a problem and i don't know what to do... I have vw passat b6 2007. Then i put the key in to ignition but don't start the engine everything with parkings sensors are ok, bet then i start the engine parking aid start beeping but stop and then agan beeping. Parking sensors one time working with beeping one time doesn't work. Vcds shows me that front center parking sensor graph up and down signal but no foult. I chnaged front wiring parkig, but does't changed, change that parking sensor but olso didin't changed. I dont what to... Any ideas?? :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts