Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My original symptom was that my car would be dead in the morning. I took it to Autozone, and they told me that the battery / alternator appeared fine, but the alternator was roughly half a volt low. Nothing too crazy.

I take it to the stealership [I'm in the Navy, and short on time or space to work on my own car] and they told me that it was a bleed from the rear actuator circuit [or something along those lines]. They told me it would need a whole new wiring harness, and max 40 hours of work. [Total 6400+]

I told them "No thanks", and asked for the printout of what was wrong. The following was pulled from the DTC Memory

00951 028 Relay for remote unlocking motor Rear lid -J398, Short Circuit to B+

So, I've been ripping off panels and covers in my trunk up to the CCM Module trying to find anything that appears burnt/corroded/etc, but I can't find anything!

I'm going to grab some Torx wrenches and try to pull off the panels I was unable to take off along the way. Is there a better way of going about this?!

Also, I'm trying to follow a Haynes manual - but it seems fairly worthless. Not sure if it's referencing a different model/car or what, but If you guys could point me in the direction of a service manual for a 2001 VW Passat GLX [ATQ V6] that would be great!

·
Registered
10,466 Posts
I would start at the relay in position 2 on the 13 pos. relay plate (Relay for remote unlocking motor Rear lid), see pics below.

NOTE: There is no relay shown in position 2 in the pic above.
Check relay, socket, and wiring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.