Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, what prices did you pay for a good job painting the lowers? (atl brothers chime in here especially.) i was just quoted $500 from a guy i know who does really good work. he did my brothers truck (s10 extreme) valence and it is nice....he said it would be around $500 because he would have to put it on a lift to get everything off......it would be less then, if i were to get it all off for him, (also he could bake it then) so, everything can come off, right? sides, front (i know this can), and the rear? he knows his stuff, i have taken it a few places that didn't say anything about flex additive and then agreed it could work when I brought it up, he said it to begin with....he has done this kind of thing before....

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Where is this guy? I was looking at doing this too. Let us know how it turns out.

Here is a little write up that I saw somewhere:

There are screws on the inside bottom of each door undo them, then on the outside there are backing clips pull gently and lowers pop off. Then theres a piece that takes three screws on each rear wheel well. last but not least you have too open both doors (on one side at a time) and there is a long plastic piece that slides out(this piece runs horizontal between the front of the inside doorwell to the back of the rear doorwell) once removed it will expose screws to take off the very bottom piece on the car, IIRC theres a couple screws on the bottom of car that also hold it on.
It should take about 20min once you know what your doing, never took off the front or rear valence so I am no help there. Good luck
You will need the little green rubber boots that go inside the clips on the door lowers and wheel well pieces from the dealer. (you can reuse them but it is a more snug fit when they are bought new.

Hope this helps.

Thad. :D

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that sounds like a lot of work, i would be nervous about fitting the bitch back on there and stuff......what kind of glue would one use?

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
GAPassatman said:
that sounds like a lot of work, i would be nervous about fitting the bitch back on there and stuff......what kind of glue would one use?
eeerrrr, i dont' have a clue, something that bonds well with plastic, lol... I'd just let the guy who's doin it worry about it, lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.