Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
metal clip in front of the caliper? I dont really want to paint this piece but since it is in the way, do I have to? let see some pics of your painted calipers...

Thanks

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I did, it turned out great. I had to work FAST though, because the G2 paint mix dries up in about 2 hours.

I wish I had pictures, but I'll work on that...someone has a picture of my shoes rolling on the highway, but I don't know his username!!!

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
pacent said:
Do you guys paint the caliper without taking them off of the rotor?
Yes .. if you do a search on my name I posted the how to some time back and I used Plasti-Kote caliper paint and it was a lot less money and that was months ago and today after winter it still looks fine

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks...I thought buy tampering with the clip you would "f" up something. I notice in the pic that someone didn't even have the clip installed :???:

·
Registered
678 Posts
I don't think painting the calipers whilst still attached is the best solution but I'm a perfectionist. I had mine removed from the car, scrubed and cleaned thouroughly and then painted.

If you don't clean the calipers thoroughly you run the risk of a poor job that will not last.

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
Darin45 said:
thanks...I thought buy tampering with the clip you would "f" up something. I notice in the pic that someone didn't even have the clip installed :???:
If your talking about the pix I posted .. nothing has been removed. The clip might be behind the spoke.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts