Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have been just drooling over my car all day. One thing that bugs me is that the paint seems to be a little rougher and not as glossy as the rest of the car. It still looks great, but when you get right up on it it is not perfect. Does anyone else have similar results?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
mbogosia said:
I have been just drooling over my car all day. One thing that bugs me is that the paint seems to be a little rougher and not as glossy as the rest of the car. It still looks great, but when you get right up on it it is not perfect. Does anyone else have similar results?
It's either one of two things. It might be the texture still from underneath due to lack of sanding. Or, what's probably the case, is that between sprays, they didn't wetsand, meaning that even if you try you hardest with rubbing compound, it'll be hard to get it perfect. But you can try it yourself with 1000 grit paper, WATER, and wetsand the areas lightly until you can feel it get smooth.

Or, just have the shop do it, it should be just as shiny as the rest of the car.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, I might ask him to sand it one more time. Will he have to clear coat it again or will sanding it be the final step?

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
Leave the sanding to the pros .. get the shop that painted it correct it. If you fiddle with it and sand through the clear you in do do.

BTW it looks awesome

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
man i love your car, keep the amber signals, looks so cool, i love the rims and color combo, sooooooo sweet :bow: :bow: :bow: :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts