Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I break for old people
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about painting my mirrors on my Reflex b5.5 to black. Was wondering if anyone had done this before?

Methods or paint used? Pictures would be awesome, thanks!

·
I break for old people
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought about plasti dip but didn't know if it'd be sufficient for the mirrors. I was concerned about it chipping off or just not looking right on the paint.

Definitely gonna look into it though, thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I did my mirrors with plastidip and this it what it looks like.

The carbon fiber on the bottom is the 1080 3M CF wrap from ECS.

If that's what you're looking for, I hope it helps!

·
I break for old people
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well seeing his pictures and hearing both testimonies, I think it's a go on the plasti dipping of my mirrors! :)

Officially on my "to do" list for next weekend :wrench:

Thanks guys, will post pictures when done!

·
I break for old people
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice! I'm gonna try and do it myself this weekend. Gonna dip the grill, mirrors and some trim pieces.

Stay tuned for pictures ;)

·
Registered
545 Posts
If you want them painted gloss black have a local shop do it for you. Shouldn't be more then 100$ and it will look really nice, you will be happy you spent a little more for a better finish.

·
I break for old people
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you want them painted gloss black have a local shop do it for you. Shouldn't be more then 100$ and it will look really nice, you will be happy you spent a little more for a better finish.
I thought about that. I think I might try out the plasti first, and if I don't like how that looks, definitely will have them painted.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts