Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to know what the limits are in terms of paint jobs. So far, on the majority of the b5s I have seen either black, silver, or a beige-ish colour.

Does anyone have some legit photo's or links to some cars (not necessairily b5s) that have nice custom paint jobs? I would love to see something like this....oooh man

That is clearly not real, but it would be sick to see something like that...
or maybe that pearlescent paint that changes in the light

·
Registered
954 Posts
Windsor Blue offered from 1998-1999 does change in the light. It can appear to be midnight blue in the shade, or a purple in direct light. It isn't a true Chameleon paint though. However, there is a B5.5 that has the Green/Purple Chameleon paint in the engine bay.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice these ones are pretty unique

I think its cool to stay sleek with you know Jet black or silver and such, but these unique colours if you are willing look sweet!

I look forward to seeing the new ones Paul!

·
Registered
23,183 Posts
NOS - Most of the B5 paints are pearls so they'll change color slightly in the light. Mine was Black Magic and it was a pearl as well.

Scribble - The color is Amber Fire Metallic Pearl. It's on the PT Turbo and was only available for 1 year. I haven't taken a picture yet (or seen one that anyone else has taken) that does it justice. The metallic, gold (the paint has 5 grams of real gold per pint of paint) and pearl don't show up well in pictures.
I have one more thing I want to get done before I put up the new pics and hopefully I'll get that taken care of in a week or two.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet good stuff Paul, didn't even register in my mind that the pearls wouldn't show up properly on camera :suspicio:

·
Registered
711 Posts
NOSswitchB5 said:
Windsor Blue offered from 1998-1999 does change in the light. It can appear to be midnight blue in the shade, or a purple in direct light. It isn't a true Chameleon paint though. However, there is a B5.5 that has the Green/Purple Chameleon paint in the engine bay.
that was my engine bay.. but now its different..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[email protected] W.
Wetworks Project Vehicle Version 3 Coming soon :Shock:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
how about a nice pale green, i like that :wink:

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
ScRiBbLe said:
something like this....oooh man

That is clearly not real, but it would be sick to see something like that...
or maybe that pearlescent paint that changes in the light
"You know... I gotta say... when we first started the Statue of Liberty B5, I didn't know how it would look. I wasn't sure how the copper would have looked when the car was finished. We really wanted to make this B5 unlike anything we've done before. At the end of the day, I gotta say, everything looked great! And to be honest with you, if I had listened to Dad & his threats of his size 12's, I don't think the Liberty B5 would have come out this nice. It really does look great. And the paintjob Justin did... what can I say? All in all, I think it looks great! And I gotta tell ya... building this Passat really affected me in a positive way."

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
14 Participants
Darold2002
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing