Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
As the topic says i get the famous 17965 - Charge Pressure Control: Positive Deviation.
The subject is a 2001 B5.5 Passat 1.9 TDI 101HP.

I have done a lot of reading, and searching and a lot of parts changing, but the car is still sick.
The problem occurs seemingly very seldom, minimum half an hour of driving in front, normal driving, no pushing of speeds or turbo. Happens at about 2500 rpm maybe, but not every time. Some trips may go without the car ever going into limp mode. If the problem first hits, it is very likely to hit again on the same trip when it first have happened. But if i let the car cool down for some hours, and drive the same road back it might not happen.

The MAF, N75, MAP sensor and entire turbo with VNT actuator are all changed, with no luck.
I am not sure about the vacuum lines, but since it is positive deviation i get it should be easy to narrow down the hoses which it might be?

Im an thinking about the hose from the n75 to the actuator maybe leaking or collapsing under the vacuum suction when the hose gets heated from prolonged driving? What other lines may it be? Most of the lines would cause a negative deviation if leaking or collapsing?

What about the EGR, or catalyst, can these cause a positive deviation?
I have also heard someone mentioning a "Turbo pressure guard", I have however not found anything like this in any ETKA diagrams.

Thank you
Espen

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.