Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting the p1545 code intermittently on my 1999 passat 2.8 liter glx. But it always returns in the end. Replaced al vacuum hoses new fuel filter new vac pump pulled and cleaned the throttle body. The car sat for 3 years (ran good when parked) before I got it. All the fluids and filters replaced. It runs and holds idle . I can rev it up in parked but it's not super responsive. when I put it in gear I can take off but if i try to accelerate it bugs out?? Can this be the fuel pressure regulator?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm getting the p1545 code intermittently on my 1999 passat 2.8 liter glx. But it always returns in the end. Replaced al vacuum hoses new fuel filter new vac pump pulled and cleaned the throttle body. The car sat for 3 years (ran good when parked) before I got it. All the fluids and filters replaced. It runs and holds idle . I can rev it up in parked but it's not super responsive. when I put it in gear I can take off but if i try to accelerate it bugs out?? Can this be the fuel pressure regulator?
Ok correction i can only throttle it to 1100rpm before it starts lobing but if I increase 2000rom it is steady.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I second what Chief said. Get on Vcds select - engine - measuring blocks - 098 - then click switch to basic settings. If for some reason that doesn't work you will have to start looking at the throttle body itself as the problem. Or even sometimes the wiring harness to the TB will have fragile frayed/cracked wires.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I second what Chief said. Get on Vcds select - engine - measuring blocks - 098 - then click switch to basic settings. If for some reason that doesn't work you will have to start looking at the throttle body itself as the problem. Or even sometimes the wiring harness to the TB will have fragile frayed/cracked wires.
or the accelerator pedal

·
Registered
27,235 Posts
1st you need to confirm if you have drive by wire or not. If not, it could simply be a cable problem. I know the year 2000 ATQ engines had DBW but I am not sure about the 99s.

·
Registered
27,235 Posts
Reactions: cchief22
1 - 9 of 9 Posts