Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My CEL came on while driving my 2000 1.8t passat and I took it to autozone in which they say was an UPSTREAM HEATED 02 SENSORS SWAPPED but I'm reading the DTC and it says something different... Is it really the oxygen sensor or is it something else? I have no idea where to even look for this thing.. Could anyone point me into the direction of like a diagram? Any help would be much appreciated!!

Thanks

·
Registered
28,337 Posts
17536 P1128 Long Term Fuel Trim mult.,Bank1 System too Lean

Look for vacuum leaks and have the MAF flow tested with a vag-com. It has nothing to do with O2 sensors.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Seach for some threads by me on this, i had the same code come back again and agian. Eventually replaced the MAF...problem solved!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help! it is much aprreciated!

p.s

I checked the vaccum lines and most of them seem to be replaced and in good condition. So I guess I'm going to replace the MAF

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update :

I cleaned the MAFS per that DIY guide in the information base and put a new airfilter on. The CEL is still on, and I know you said it took a couple days before it went off. just to clarify though was the CEL on when you started the car and beeped immediately? When I start the car the CEL is on but it doesn't beep and show emmisions workshop until i'm going 20 or 30 mph?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts