Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1999 V6 AHA

I have been trying to solve this on my own w/o going to the dealer/repair shop. What was an intermitten "16795 P0411 Sec.Air Inj.Sys. Incorrect Flow Detected" is now always on !!!

So far things done/replaced:

All vacuum hoses replaced with silicone.
SAIP (pump) working - I did the testing per the Bentley manual
Combi Valves - working - I did the testing per the Bentley manual
N112 (?) 2 solenoids - current resistance across the two terminals is 35 ohms ( at maximum allowed by manual)

What have I missed ?

Mark

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not checked the gaskets...... As you know the access is a little tight. Is there a 'easy' way to check them ?

Mark

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tools are no problem. The size of my hands is. I guess since its my wifes car she will have to lend me hers ! :rolleyes:

Mark

·
is a sweetheart
3,056 Posts
gp49,
I have this same error code on my B5 (1.8T, AUG). The CEL and EMISSIONS WORKSHOP warning would come on as soon as I started rolling down the street. A friend cleared the code with his VAG-COM and it stayed away for about a week. After a week, it came back while driving down the interstate and has come on every drive since then.

I'm going to try to work on it this weekend. Is the "combi" valve which others have mentioned having problems with?

·
Registered
28,326 Posts
1999 V6 AHA

I have been trying to solve this on my own w/o going to the dealer/repair shop. What was an intermitten "16795 P0411 Sec.Air Inj.Sys. Incorrect Flow Detected" is now always on !!!

So far things done/replaced:

All vacuum hoses replaced with silicone.
SAIP (pump) working - I did the testing per the Bentley manual
Combi Valves - working - I did the testing per the Bentley manual
N112 (?) 2 solenoids - current resistance across the two terminals is 35 ohms ( at maximum allowed by manual)

What have I missed ?

Mark
Did you check the hoses from the SAIP? They can come off or tear. I never looked at the V6 ones, but the 1.8T hose comes apart easily.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to all that are posting regarding this mess.......

Well I reset the Check engine light - again - and it came back after 3 days, this time on a very cold (for California that is) 38 degree F morninig - same code as before.

Still have to check the gaskets on the combi valves...... and then I guess start diagnostic routine from the begining !!:banghead: :Yikes: :banghead:

Mark

·
Over 400K miles on my baby!
684 Posts
Check the hoses to the SAIP. They are pretty cheap plastic and can crack/fail.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After two months of no check engine light I can now report that it was a bad SAIP relay !!!

Problem solved.:thumbup:

Thanks for all who helped !!!!

Mark

1 - 14 of 14 Posts