Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've searched this forum for a fix for this problem, but none of the threads really conclude or find a fix for this problem. I was driving my car on the highway today and the check engine light came on. I scanned it and got the p0011 code (picture below). In the past month I have changed my turbo, changed all vacuum lines, changed camshaft position sensor, changed timing belt and tensioner, and did an oil change and put in mobil 1 5w-30 synthetic oil. When all this was done I put a stage 1 tune in the car and its been driving amazing since. This code mentions the camshaft so could I have messed up my timing belt job? I was 100% sure that everything was lined up. Since the timing belt job I have driven the car at least 200 miles with no problems. When the code came on the car seemed to have been running fine. Any ideas where i should start? I changed my camshaft position sensor thinking that was the reason for a problem that I was having earlier related to the timing but it was not. I am thinking of taking off that $10 sensor I put on and putting back my oem one. Thanks for any help.

image1.jpeg

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
of course double check your timing, how many miles on miles on your ride? And when in driving cycle does it throw the code?I have been through this a number of times/cars and went along a number of avenues in regards to this code.......Rarely does the cam sensor go bad, it provides feedback to ECM but I personally believe from my research it is not an active input to the ECM other than to show a problem (in other words it does not tell ECM to manipulate the CCT,advance ,retard,etc.) first I would go to using a 5w40 oil then if mileage is high,consider replacing the CCT.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I cleared the code yesterday and it hasn’t come back since. I didn’t even get a pending code. I’ve driven about 25 miles since then, with 20 of those being on the highway. The car has 175k miles on it. If the code came up once, I’m sure it was for a reason though. If it comes back I’ll change my oil to what you suggested and I’ll change my oil pressure sensor that I know is bad but I haven’t had much reason to change it.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
if you change oil ,besides 5w40 suggested ,if not already using also suggest the "big kahuna" Purolator (Mann manufactured) p/n L40316 filter. With that many miles, if code accelerates in its occurance would be leaning to CCT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
cchief22
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing