Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone on Passatworld,
I have a 2000/2001 1.8t,engine code AWT.The problem is when changing gear the revs hang up ,i.e they stay at the revs I was at before changing gear ,albeit momentarily.It never did this before now,and it also seems to be using more fuel since this started.I think it could be a vacuum leak of the dreaded pcv lines.I checked them today briefly, and there seems to be one which could be the culprit.I am going to change all the hoses anyway,I looked up the website last night to familiarise myself with the hose arrangement,but it was for the AEB engine.On the bottom of the inlet manifold where the t-piece is there seems to be an open end (hose missing?) and also there seems to be an electrial connection on this part, it seems to be bolted or clipped to the inlet!.I have no idea what this is,could someone please enlighten me?Is there a diagram for the AWT engine as I couldn't find one.the car was registered 0n 12/12/00 this causes some confusion ordering parts as it seems to have the newer engine code than it should have .It is a 5.5

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,267 Posts
I thought someone added an non-AEB PCV writeup to the Info Forum. I know someone has done one, somewhere. If all else fails, the dealer should be able to show you a diagram and sell you what you need.

Definitely a big vacuum leak, esp. with PCV system, could cause your symptoms.

Bump.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts