Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

OZ Classe PL 18x8 - opinions

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  geordie 
#1 ·
Ilike OZ and BBS, I guess right now it's these or the RX.

I like the idea of a field replaceable stainless steel lip, has anybody tried these? Tire rack has them for around $390. I'd probably go for the 18x8 with 225/40YR18 Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 for a grand total of $2250 or so.

Here's the RX for comparison, $15 less, not an issue.

See less See more
#2 ·
I am looking at getting the RX's so i guess i am a little biased.
The OZ's are nice looking wheels, what color is your car since they seem to be a little darker of a silver.
I think the OZ's will give the car a little more "sporty" look where as the BBS a more classic stylish look.
Just my opinion though
HTH

#6 ·
I'm riding OZ's right now, the Canyon 2pc. Sure, they're not the same wheel, but I can give you a word of approval on how incredibly well built they are, and I doubt those OZ's are any different. Plus they have the lip replacement if you need it. You're grand total was $250 less than what I paid for my wheels.

I say go with the OZ's. OZ's rock the casbah

#7 ·
Blue Anthracite wagon

I have a Blue Anthracite wagon. This is the first stage of fixing the handling, next is probably the Eibach pro system and then the A8 brakes.

After driving in the UK again I realised I've been holding back a lot to allow for the sloppy handling, the car takes too long to settle after a big bump too. I'm not sure about the brakes yet, I do mostly freeway driving, so mine don't really take a pounding. The insecurity I feel on braking may be down to the all season tires and soft suspension. Time will tell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.