Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did any of you guys catch it on TLC tonight?

Now THAT is the way to redo a car. Forget Pimp My Ride. Overhaulin' did everything a true enthusiast would do if they had the cash. Shit, they even put in a supercharger in some HS kids pick up (not to mention all the other truck performance upgrades)... No cheesy chrome anything! I think those were real beadlock wheels too!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I loved it. However personally if it were my ttruck I wouldn't dig the flames. I loved how much work went into making them, but they just aren't my thing. Everything was done pretty well. I like how they fixed the belt issues. The seats were a nice touch too. I am sure the kid is extrememly thankfull (As I would be), but its a shame they don't have any say in what gets done (ex, save your money on the flames).

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
yeah i watched it last night, man mr foose is damn great, they did a good job anyways.i wish he would of tested the S/P doing a burnout or something... :poke:

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
I missed it! :( So it's a good show huh? I need to get me a beater so my wife can get it on that show.

I was watching Band of Brothers (for the 5th time) on the History channel and plan on doing the same tonight. :thumbup:

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
This show is awesome. Disgusting what they do to the truck. The time and money. Please steal my Passat. And I love those flames. Those are true flames. They are unbelievable. The only flames I would put on a car are like those.

As for the kid, he is from my old high school. My friend coached wrestling this year at Marina. I will have to ask if he knows the kid. He seemed like he deserved it. However, I am sure he is getting teased since his dad stated when his car got repossessed "He was crying!" :cry:

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
The repo line reminds of the RMCB5 sotry. But damn...steal my car! And the enzo ferrari on Rides... :thumbup:

West Coast Customs seems to be the spotlight tuner right now. They do pimp my ride and seem to be on Rides all the time.

·
Registered
665 Posts
That show is so much better than Pimp my ride.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
That truck looked sooooooooo sweet when they were done!!

...atleast they took a vehicle that would actually have some value to it after all that work.

Half of the cars on pimp my ride, aren't really worth much even after they're done. I mean an old school Ford Ranger or a Mitsu Mirage... :crazy: They should've just trashed those rides for them and bought em' a new ride, throw some shoes on it and a little ice and call it a day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
9 Participants
Thumber
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing