Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm new to the whole VW thing after just having purchased an '00 V6 variant and have a couple questions.

Are all V6's difficult to accelerate without, (1) pulling away from a stop like my grandmother, or (2) pulling away from a stop like you're shot out of a cannon? It seems like there's no happy medium with my throttle.

Also, what's up with the seat memories? I've got the "mem off" button figured out, however the memory always puts my seat too far forward. Curiously, my wife mentioned that after I reset my setting to be farther back, her setting is also affected and her seat is too far back for her liking!

Lastly, it doesn't seem like when I set the position of the right mirror for the "reversing function" that it's remembered any longer than that day. Any tips?

Have I got some electronic gremlins in the system?

Thanks for the help!

Brian

·
Registered
58 Posts
Haha, this is the same ordeal with my V6 sedan.

What I found, make sure that the MEM OFF button isnt pressed. Set all the mirrors, and the seat where you want it, then hold down button #1 for at least 3 seconds and you will hear a beep confirming that it is set.

As for any other drivers, have them set it up and hold button #2 and their settings will be saved.

The reversing mirror stopped working on my car too, i have no idea why yet.

Hope this helps!

Tim

·
Registered
26 Posts
Greetings;
The reversing mirror trick only occurs when the mirror adjustment knob is in the "r" (right) position. This allows you to enable/disable the feature depending on preference. Once again, put the car in reverse, adjust right mirror to desired reverse position, then don't forget to save the settings by holding the #1 button until you hear a beep. Do the same for #2. I have #3 set to raise the seat all the way for cleaning, object retrieval, etc...
Enjoy the VW,
W. Marc Schmitz
01B5

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
The #1 & #2 seat memory once set should respond to whichever remote unlocked the door. You put *your* key in the ignition and set the seat / mirrors to where you want them then press #1 till it dings .. your set .. now get her to do it with key #2. Without RTFM I can't remember how the reversing mirror setting is done.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
bpc23 said:
Are all V6's difficult to accelerate without, (1) pulling away from a stop like my grandmother, or (2) pulling away from a stop like you're shot out of a cannon? It seems like there's no happy medium with my throttle.
IIRC, you are drive-by-wire (no throttle cable). Find a vag-com in your area and perform a throttle body adaptation.

How's your idle? Smooth or rough? You could try a TB cleaning (can't hurt - based on the age of the car), but that's probably not the solution to your problem. (Do the TB adaptation after the TB cleaning).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions. I've got the seat and mirror memory setting routine under control, and the remotes are properly linked to the proper memory, but the darn front/rear seat position seems to change on its own and the right side mirror "reversing" setting doesn't stay set either.

I don't know what a throttle body adaptation is, but I'll see if I can find a vag-com in my area and have it checked. The idle is perfectly smooth.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Skip the cleaning... find someone with a vag com and ask them to do the TB adaptation (calibrates the ECU to work with the TB).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.