Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am new here and would like to start out with a huge WOW! to this amazing site. You have all discussed almost everything here.

I followed the rules and used the google search bar to look for my specific problem. I typed it in different ways and used multiple keywords to try and find a solution on my own. I found a lot of discussion about water being found in the foot wells and other HVAC issues but none quite like mine. I even read some of those hoping to find the solution hidden within them but was unable to. If there is a thread already with a solve to this problem I apologize for taking up anyone's time. So here I am with my question and I hope someone out there might have an answer.

With the climate system on and recirculate engaged you can feel air coming in from under the dash but only on the drivers side. As you can imagine this sucks when it is 110 outside and all you want is your AC to blow cold air or the opposite, it is 42 out and you are counting on your heater to warm you up. Here in Southern Oregon we have all 4 seasons. I know it is not the recirculate flap or motor because there is an audible noise increase when the button is pressed and the volume of air is increased. Also, the air temp is much colder with the recirculate engaged.

Are there more flaps in the system somewhere that could be letting fresh (outside) air in on only the drivers side?
Could there be a hole in the firewall that I am not seeing?
I am at a loss and could really use some help.

Thank you for your time,

Ben

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update*

I just got a call from my wife saying that when she pressed the recirculate button nothing happened. The amount or volume of air did not increase even at highway speed with the fan at high. So my theory is now changing. I believe the recirculate motor has been failing or not working properly for a little while now and has finally decided to give it up. So now to find a you tube video and how to replace it and a decent OEM replacement part.

If anyone has any information regarding the above mentioned and wouldn't mind sharing that would be great thanks.
Ben

1 - 2 of 2 Posts