Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this album for a while now--another OutKast classic, of course. :bow: :bow: :bow:

There has been something bugging me (in a good way) about it though since I got it....I woke up this morning and figured it out...

Doesn't the format and CD layout seem, feel, and sound like a rap/hip-hop version of Smashing Pumpkin's 'Mellon Collie and The Infinite Sadness'?
Both are very appealing albums IMO and though at first I thought Andre 3000 lost his mind (in a good way), I am glad he did his own thing this time. :thumbup:

Just wondering if anyone else who has heard those two albums from beginning to end a lot agree with that correlation between the two? :???: Or am I crazy? :crazy:

-Harry

Also, for those of you who have the 2-disc set, what's your single favorite song off of it? :???:

Mine's "Tomb Of The Boom" (Track 11) on Big Boi's Disc. Damn it's tight.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I don't listen to the hip-hop music of today's society. I find it rude, crude, sexist, and outladishly dispicable against all of society. Damn that rap music.

:lol: j/k.

I'm a mighty big fan of Spread & Caroline (i think thats what it's called) on Andre's disc. I like the intro bass track on Big Boi's disc... I haven't heard much of his, but I heard that intro in my friend truck who has a big ass system in it. Good God does that thing hit.

On another note... I rarely listen to rap... Outkast kicks ass though

·
Banned
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kezho said:
The song with Jay-Z on Big Boi's album is the best rap song I've heard in a while. Outkast and The Roots are the diamonds in the rough.
Yeah, I like that song too. And speaking of roots, I'm glad Big Boi stuck to his on his half of the album. I can't get enough of his bass beats. :bow:

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
SDPassatT said:
kezho said:
The song with Jay-Z on Big Boi's album is the best rap song I've heard in a while. Outkast and The Roots are the diamonds in the rough.
Yeah, I like that song too. And speaking of roots, I'm glad Big Boi stuck to his on his half of the album. I can't get enough of his bass beats. :bow:
I saw Outkast and the Roots at the Area 51 show in Chicago. Rockin' !!!!
By the way SD, I'm considering exhausts and yours sure is pretty, how does it sound? Did it come with a downpipe? I know I'm in the wrong group but I was just checking out your ride and I like what I see. :oops: Thanks.

·
Banned
3,006 Posts
there just a couple of two cd albums and I have had both... there also both good albums, that don't have much in common :crazy: :crazy: :thumbup:

Nick 8)

I like tomb of the boom as well but my favorite is that bass line in the intro :wink: :bow:

·
Banned
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
redb5sdca said:
there just a couple of two cd albums and I have had both... there also both good albums, that don't have much in common :crazy: :crazy: :thumbup:

Nick 8)

I like tomb of the boom as well but my favorite is that bass line in the intro :wink: :bow:
Hey Nick,

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

:p Hahaha :lol:

-Harry

and hurry up and get your damn tax return back!

·
Banned
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
redb5sdca said:
my tax return is on the way. and those albums do have something in common, there both 2 cd's :p
nick, you need to listen to them again dude. :p :lol:

nah, i dunno, maybe i'm crazy. just seems to me that the layout is similar, the "structure" of them.

..and anyway nick, you don't even like outkast or s.p. whenever we usedto kick it, you just wanted to bump michael bolton. :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
jeffsu350
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing