Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's our family's other cars, besides the Passat (me and my sister's car). We just washed these two (and waxed the J30t) and I figured it was a good time to show them on the club.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
cars look good - nice to see some more nissan representation on the cb5. :)

Mine is a 1995 g20t. :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Do you get to drive the J30 much? I have been curious about these since I found out theay are RWD. I had a '92 Maxima, and thought J30's were the same car underneath, but someone told me that they share parts with 240's.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I drive the J30 most of the time. Unfortunately more than I drive the B5.

The suspension is okay, considering it is a luxury cruiser. The part sharing you're talking about is with the 300ZX. They took the 300ZX NA powerplant and stuck it in this behemoth. Probably has similar performance figures since they're both big, heavy RWD cars. Also, the J30t is supposed to have the same Super-HICAS 4-Wheel Steering as the Skyline in Japan, but I've never really seen it happen.

Only gripe is that because it's been discontinued, it's a pretty obscure car to find information about. The only tricked out ones have been done with custom work. One was totally ICE'd out (amps, speakers, subs, the whole bit), and the other one was pimped out (20" Chrome wheels, lowered, neon :puke:)

We've got a ton of dents on the hood, and I think someone said it's aluminum, so we're pretty out of luck with that.......no parts available I'll guess.....

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Can I borrow the differential off your J30? 8)

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, if you wanna do the work taking it out :roll:

Oh yeah, and it'll cost you a few pennies too :wink:

But seriously, if you want the LSD, we can talk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts