Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

FRAMINGHAM - A 22-year-old Connecticut man was impaled by a metal guard rail and later died last night after he lost control of his 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse while speeding down the Mass Pike, authorities said.

Robert Tomaszewski of Waterbury, Conn. was unconscious, but alive with multiple wounds on the right side of his body when Framingham paramedics arrived just after 11 p.m., fire officials said. There was no one else in the car.

Framingham fire paramedics brought Tomaszewski by ambulance to the park-and-ride lot at Rte. 9 and California Avenue, where he was flown by medical helicopter to UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester. He was pronounced dead less than an hour later, authorities said.

The end of the metal guard rail pierced the trunk of Tomaszewski's sporty red Eclipse, impaled the right side of the driver's body and shot out the windshield, police and fire officials said.

"He started skidding and the car turned around hitting one half of the guard rail to shish kebab the car," said Framingham Fire Lt. Brad Smith. "It skewered the car right through."

Tomaszewski was heading eastbound on the Massachusetts Turnpike when he lost control of his Eclipse near the Sheraton Framingham and Exit 12, State Police Lt. Paul Maloney said. The car skidded backward and crashed into the concrete median where the guard rail begins, Maloney said.

The high-speed lanes on both sides of the Pike were closed down while police and rescue workers cleared the scene. The State Police collision and analysis team is investigating the accident and will complete an official report.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
i drive that section of road quite often. new pavement, a minor bend, not a difficult section of road. driver stupidity possibly?

·
Registered
902 Posts

From above link. From reading the forum...apparently the people in this car walked away with scratches.(And maybe poop in their pants)

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
That server you just got the pics from just died.... :cry:

I'll guess that it was driver error/speeding/street racing that caused that crash....

·
Registered
4,011 Posts

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
Johnny B5.5 said:
Nenad, those might be too graphic for some. Might be better to post the links instead.
I should have heed Johnny B5.5 warning, but curiousity got the better of me ... :nervous: :nervous:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Listen, if you think that they are way to explicite and ofensive, I'll move URLs. My tought was as long as they were on public site, can be good warning for all of us especially younger members.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Nenad said:
Listen, if you think that they are way to explicite and ofensive, I'll move URLs. My tought was as long as they were on public site, can be good warning for all of us especially younger members.

I'm cool with posting links and a warning. You're cool with me. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah motorcyle deaths are never pretty. I've had three I know die in cycle accidents..drive safe is a mild way of saying respect the bike and others.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts