Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a leather wrapped steering wheel in the previous car, would like to do up the plastic one I gots now in the GLS. I've seen Wheelskins batted around here, are there any other options? Any caveats with Wheelskins?

Thanks all--

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
I was really happy with my Isotta steering wheel cover. New Dimensions use to have it, but I think they no longer carry them.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
i was in the same boat as you, coming from a car with a leather sw, to my passat with the plastic. wheelskins makes one, and so does isotta (isotta.com i think) the isotta supposedly covers the spokes as well as the wheel and the wheelskins one does not. the isotta is expensive tho. i got the wheelskins and love it. just take your time installing it...make sure you do it tight and be PATIENT. i messed up with mine a little, but the fit is nice and tight, the leather feels nice and looks good. thes 2 companies are the only ones i know of, but there may be others.

·
Registered
59 Posts
There is also Alan Gun Leather that makes custom wheelcovers. I called them a few weeks ago and whoever the leather guy is was supposed to call me back but never did. I may try again, although I like the look of Isotta which I hadn't seen before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts