Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finally replacing my stock tires with something new and was wondering about the Bridgestone Turanza LS-H. Is anyone running these tires or had experience with them on other cars? If you don't like the Turanzas then what would you recommend?

THanks!
kypassat

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response...

How about cutting me a deal?

:wink:

:lol:

·
Registered
428 Posts
My friend's Golf is equipped with Turanza LS-H's in size 195/65R15. I was impressed with its excellent combination of ride comfort and handling :thumbup:
So much so I'm thinking of getting them for my next set of replacements rather than a UHPAS tire like the BF Goodrich gforce KDWS I have currently.

·
Registered
27,572 Posts
Got 25K on mine and still love them. Good ride,quiet and great grip wet or dry. They take
abuse well,but must be rotated every 5K to keep the wear even. I will get 15-20K more out of these.

·
Registered
706 Posts
do a search and you'll see my long-winded post raving about them. Or just get them and you won't regret it.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the responses....tires have been ordered!

:thumbup: TIRERACK.COM

·
Registered
257 Posts
Fellow Louisvillian:
I have had the Turanza LS-Hs (205/60R-15s) on my '98 Passat for the past year, and they have been wonderful on the dry, wet, and snowy (3-5" this past winter) roads in and around Louisville. And they are very quiet on the highway. You will love these tires.
Kevin

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kevin,
Thanks for the local review! If you are interested in joining the next KY/IN GTG let me know and I can put you on the email list.

Thanks!
Kypassat

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
What tires would you compare them with? I am running Potenza 950's but they don't have the winter traction i need. I just hate to give up any handling. I am also thinking of the G009 to save some money...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got the Turanzas mounted earlier today and I have been tooling around town on them...First thing I noticed is traction is soooo much better than the Contis that were on there and also turns are handled much better with this tire...Glad I chose this one! Thanks for the help and TireRack rocks!!

:bow:

kypassat

·
Registered
706 Posts
Congrats, glad to hear you like them. Mine also replaced OEM Conti CH95's. I keep the tire pressure between 35-40 (35 cold, up to 40 warm). I think they have soft sidewalls for comfort but that means they can get mushy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts