Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about putting a good exhaust and leaving the engine alone after that (looking to get lots more miles out of it)

Neuspeed kit w/ downpipe sounds great but the rear bumper has no cut out and not really interested in 2 fat DTMs on such a clean car.

Borla has a kit (without downpipe) with a large oval pointing down.

preference would be downpipe and cat back, dumping under bumper, good power, decent price...

Recommendations? Experiences?

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
I would get a TechTonics Tuning DP (around $230) then just have a local shop mandrel bend the rest of the exhaust, you can search for a muffler with turn-down tips. I know there are a bunch out there and just use that muffler. Shouldnt cost more then another $400-500 including the muffler (assuming you get a reasonably priced one) for the rest of the bends.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Go Milltek @ $799 DP included

I would get a TechTonics Tuning DP (around $230) then just have a local shop mandrel bend the rest of the exhaust, you can search for a muffler with turn-down tips. I know there are a bunch out there and just use that muffler. Shouldnt cost more then another $400-500 including the muffler (assuming you get a reasonably priced one) for the rest of the bends.
See http://www.stratmosphere.com/index.htm

·
Registered
135 Posts
Milltek

Having read many post on the subject - I am close to ordering this one myself. The Jetex was my second choice - being I have the manual trans the Milltek seems to be the best for a quiet but freeflowing option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts