Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Callin' all geeks. :)

I used to make fun of all the Opera users for being geeks, but hell, I just started using it and I'm liking it so far. "Mouse gestures" allow you to simplify a lot of highly used functions with slick, pre-determined combinations of mouse clicks and movements (i.e., hold right & click left to go back, and vice versa to go forward...or hold right, move up, then down to reload).

The only gripes I have are #1, middle click will activate scroll starting from the middle of the page. Also, it won't stop scrolling until I click again (where in IE, it'll stop once I let go of the mouse button). And #2, I'm used to typing clubb5, then Ctrl+Enter to fill in the http://www and the .com at the end. Any similar functionality?

Other than that, I'm really likin' the browser. Faster loading pages than IE, less crap/fruitness than Nutscrape, and a program start time that rivals IE (which is amazing, since IE is supposedly all integrated and whatnot).

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I vote for Mozilla Firefox too! I've been using it for a while now. It's faster (startup & browsing) than Netscape & IE and doesn't have any extra garbage built-in (just the browser) and the user interface is very IE'ish.

I tried Opera a long time ago and didn't like it a whole lot at that time. Mozilla used to be slow & unstable but the new Firefox is awesome.Give it a try! http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I kinda switch between Opera and IE. IE is good because pretty much all websites are geared towards IE users. Sometimes webpages won't work in Opera because of that. Also, I've been on IE for so damn long it's hard to switch. But it is a damn cool browser. I like the info on the bottom of the screen when it's loading a page the most.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Been a licensed Opera user for nearly 6 years. Lean, mean and customizable, though like others have noted, a few "designed for IE" sites may either have quirks or not work at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts