Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
Good!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want these Hummer driving dumbasses to bleed to death.

Of course, I'm not going to like paying $4.00 a gallon at the marina this summer for 93 octane if they forget to up the production at that time....... :(

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
OPEC has us by the balls. We should all be burning ethanol instead of giving money to the terrorists.

·
Banned
3,172 Posts
Shocker. :roll:

I say piss on OPEC. We should see what that region of the world is going to do if we don't buy their oil. :thumbup:

Personally, (and this isn't just lip sevice), I would pay much higher gas prices just to see what OPEC would do. Just as I have no problem paying twice as much for something that isn't made in China.

-Harry

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Kind of like they have "free range" chicken and other meats, they should have "freedom" oil that is produced in alaska or something.

·
Super Moderator
14,051 Posts
They've gotta be worried that Iraq is going to dump a LOT of oil on the market. Haven't heard anything about Iraq production being sabotaged lately. Maybe that was a factor in their decision.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Urlik said:
They've gotta be worried that Iraq is going to dump a LOT of oil on the market. Haven't heard anything about Iraq production being sabotaged lately. Maybe that was a factor in their decision.
That would imply that we invaded Iraq for oil or something...

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Guyute said:
we could take the money the government uses to supplement the oil companies and use it to work on alternative solutions.
Yeah, that way in 50 years we could have a solution to today's problem. :wink:

·
Registered
696 Posts
I think OPEC is artificially raising prices to make Bush look bad. If gas prices are $3 a gallon around election time, there's no way in hell Bush will win.
Hmmm... Apparently the fascists in OPEC think a DEMOCRAT would make it easier for them to exist.....

hmmm..I wonder why? :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
J-RAD said:
Guyute said:
we could take the money the government uses to supplement the oil companies and use it to work on alternative solutions.
Yeah, that way in 50 years we could have a solution to today's problem. :wink:
or 10 with the amount of funding :)

OK, so I was an Economics major. My senior paper, Utilizing a gas tax to save the environment, no joke. 1 piece of data that I found interesting was that over the last 30 years, the amount of money the US govt spent researching alternative fuels mirrored the rise or fall of gas prices the previous year. So if the price of gas went up 20%, the next year the research grants would go up by 20%.

We are way to tied to oil. Of course what we really need is to help countries in South America,Mexico and Russia shore up their oil production to alleviate our OPEC dependency. Sure it is still foriegn oil, be we will spread the risk and help countries that we tend to have a better relationship with.

flame on

·
Registered
272 Posts
not_too_shabby said:
OPEC has us by the balls. We should all be burning ethanol instead of giving money to the terrorists.

Actually, we should be sinking derrick after derrick into the quote - unquote Alaska Wildlife Refuge and drown them in black gold - send oil prices back to single-digits per barrel and gas prices under a buck.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
But W is promising hydrogen powered cars within the next ten years. That is going to happen, right? Right? :roll:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
19 Participants
Ganesha
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing