Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i broke a hose leading to a mystery part

while fiddling around under the hood of my car i accidentally broke a thin diameter plastic hose coming out of a blue cylinder in the front corner. what was it? is it important?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It could be there was some hissing. I cant seem to find pictures on the internet to confirm it though, or even a good description of what it does.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
That plastic line is crap. Replace it with silicone. In the mean time, you can splice it with rubber line unless it goes over a really hot spot in the engine. You'll want to get this taken care of as it will probably cause a DTC to light your CEL.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes big blue peanut hits it right on the head. about replacing it is that just a matter of going to autozone for a new hose and replacing it or is it something i need special equipment for.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
You'll want to replace it eventually. For now, just buy a bit of rubber vac line. Take the broken ends and snap them off. Keep snapping until you find where it's not brittle anymore. If you find you're snapping off more than an inch, stop. Probably the whole length is like that. Put the new line across the missing part.

Search this forum for silicone and you'll find everything you need to replace them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts