Loose female member
4,889 Posts
NotAPreppie said:
Don't forget the slinking off to the garage :whistle:
In clear heals :)

·
needs more cowbell
5,945 Posts
bookmarked. i have a couple of ideas for things they produce.

i'm curious what's in the works for AA though.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
I used to purchase from McNichols for my job but opted to change to Gratings Pacific for product instead. Main reason, they don't lace their paperwork and catalogs with Biblical excerpts.
I don't have anything against religion, I just don't like it pushed on me, and I don't think it's appropriate to incorporate it into your company. Just my 2 cents.

·
Lisa Simpson
15,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh yeah, the bible thing was kind of humorous.

My grille was disabled by some loser at work. So I'm finally getting off my butt and working on the front end of the car. I got the lower wireframe shaped last night and rough cut the perf. Hopefully I can get the upper wireframe shaped and welded tonight. Maybe even start tacking down the perf onto it. My goal is powdercoat on tuesday at work.

·
Lisa Simpson
15,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Lower wireframe is tackwelded to the mesh. Edges are cut back. I will finish the welding tomorrow night (hopefully) and build the top wireframe. Then I will weld that in. I decided to wait on the upper wireframe as I'm not sure how I will want the whole thing to sit on the front end. I can definitely see being ready to paint on tuesday. Yay!

·
Lisa Simpson
15,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Who needs kleecos when you have zipties? ;)

Test fitting - it still needs mounts attached.

Out of the car, all ground down on the edges and almost ready for paint.

I'm not 100% happy because the hex pattern isn't straight due to the shape of the grille, but I'm very happy because it fits well and looks very much better than a first time job.

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
SeattleReign said:
I used to purchase from McNichols for my job but opted to change to Gratings Pacific for product instead. Main reason, they don't lace their paperwork and catalogs with Biblical excerpts.
I don't have anything against religion, I just don't like it pushed on me, and I don't think it's appropriate to incorporate it into your company. Just my 2 cents.
In 'N' Out does that too but much more on the sly. Next time you go in check out the inside bottom edge of your cup.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
atomicalex said:
Who needs kleecos when you have zipties? ;)

Test fitting - it still needs mounts attached.

Out of the car, all ground down on the edges and almost ready for paint.

I'm not 100% happy because the hex pattern isn't straight due to the shape of the grille, but I'm very happy because it fits well and looks very much better than a first time job.
are you gonna do the lower grilles too?

·
Lisa Simpson
15,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
D.Passat00 said:
are you gonna do the lower grilles too?
I think I kind of have to now. I have to figure out how to take them apart and get the mounts in.

As far as mass production, I'm not skilled enough to sell metalwork yet. Rabbit interiors, yes. Passat parts, no. If anyone knows where a wire-bending machine that I can use is, I would do it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts