Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i have a few things im having problems with.

1.Projectors need adjustment

2.Key Fob barely works

3.MPG is way off(the number fluctuates from like 10 to 80)

For #1 is there a video diy or diy with pics?

For #2 How do i get the buttons to work and the spring action blade to actually spring lol?

For #3 Is there a sensor that controls that, where is it located?

links will help perfectly fine or if someone would like to explain thats great too.

·
I had a steering knuckle in my shed. Really!
4,159 Posts
#3. You have it on instantaneous mileage, which will fluctuate a great deal. Switch it to average where you will see a ø in the display.

#1. Have the car, 1/2 tank of gas, square to a wall with a level surface. Pull up pretty close and use chalk or masking tape to make two Ts. The vertical line should be directly in front of the projector, and the horizontal should be about 3" below the center of the projector. Then back it straight up 20'. The brightest spot of each low beam should be centered on the vertical line and the top cut-off should be at the horizontal line. It helps to cover one headlight while aiming the other.

#2. Get a new fob from sidewinder key.com (I think that's it). Install your old blade and transponder chip. You can then program the remote with the procedure in the manual.

·
Wants to be TheFlipperGray
7,304 Posts
1 - Yes there are how-to's for adjusting headlights. Just search for them.

2 - Take the remote apart and clean anything that needs it; replace battery.

3 - You're likely looking at the "real time" MPG and not the average MPG.

·
Registered
2004 GLS 1.8T
12,160 Posts
#2. Get a new fob from sidewinder key.com (I think that's it). Install your old blade and transponder chip. You can then program the remote with the procedure in the manual.
WarMachine, try a new battery first. If you decide to follow the advice to get a new fob, hold in mind the transponder chip is very difficult to remove intact - it's tiny, and glass. If you break it, you're in for an expensive screwing at the VW dealer.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did and no pics or videos. HONESTLY

1 - Yes there are how-to's for adjusting headlights. Just search for them.

2 - Take the remote apart and clean anything that needs it; replace battery.

3 - You're likely looking at the "real time" MPG and not the average MPG.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its not hard, i did it already but the problem still persists.

WarMachine, try a new battery first. If you decide to follow the advice to get a new fob, hold in mind the transponder chip is very difficult to remove intact - it's tiny, and glass. If you break it, you're in for an expensive screwing at the VW dealer.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pic of adjustment screw, im not sure wether the fender side adjuster is for left and right or not.

#3. You have it on instantaneous mileage, which will fluctuate a great deal. Switch it to average where you will see a ø in the display.

#1. Have the car, 1/2 tank of gas, square to a wall with a level surface. Pull up pretty close and use chalk or masking tape to make two Ts. The vertical line should be directly in front of the projector, and the horizontal should be about 3" below the center of the projector. Then back it straight up 20'. The brightest spot of each low beam should be centered on the vertical line and the top cut-off should be at the horizontal line. It helps to cover one headlight while aiming the other.

·
Registered
2004 GLS 1.8T
12,160 Posts
im having the same thing with the MPG. How do you switch it to the other setting? My Passat came with no owner manuel
Just keep pressing the rocker switch on the end of the stalk, through the various readouts, until MPG preceded by a slashed zero appears.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Just keep pressing the rocker switch on the end of the stalk, through the various readouts, until MPG preceded by a slashed zero appears.
x2, and for some readings, like average MPG, you'll see a boxed [1] or [2]. Switch between [1] and [2] by pressing the button on the bottom of the right stalk.

[1] is average for this trip. Resets itself after ignition is off for 2 hours.

[2] is average since manual reset. Hold the button on the bottom of the stalk for 2 seconds to reset. I typically reset when I get gas, so I get average MPG, average speed, elapsed time since my last fill-up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts