Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
I'm going to vote with my wallet by cancelling access to that channel.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
You don't. Speed is part of a package of channels on both cable and sat systems. And it won't matter. A bazillion other people "pay" for Speed and probably never watch it because they want the other channels.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I signed it, but I doubt it will do any good. NASCAR and people that like Unique Whips out number us. Its all about ratings and advertisement $$ to them.

·
Registered
12,116 Posts
Given that News Corporation owns FOX, SPEED and DirecTV, and paid billions to get NASCAR broadcast rights, I think you could sign petitions 'till you were blue in the face. They just signed a new 8-year contract a few months ago, which will add even more NASCAR to SPEED. Time to move on, Speedvision is gone and isn't coming back.

If you want to sign petitions, try sending them to OLN or Spike.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Macabre said:
If you want to sign petitions, try sending them to OLN or Spike.
Yeah, I was always curious why the Outdoor Life Network picked up the A1GP series...

·
Registered
283 Posts
NASCAR owns it? That explains it. So will they continue to cover F1 and WRC? I was suprised to actually catch some DTM and BTCC. How about another channel? Like Speed2...

·
Super Moderator
14,046 Posts
Oops, I miss spoke. News Corp. owns Speed Channel. Here's the history from Speedvision, now Speed Channel.
News Corp Press Release said:
The strength of its NASCAR programming led the Company to announce that it would increase its 32 percent stake in racing channel Speedvision to 85 percent in July 2001. It is expected that the acquisition will be made virtually cash-free by the exchange of the Company’s minority investments in The Golf Channel (exchanged in fiscal 2001) and Outdoor Life Network (to be exchanged in fiscal 2002) for stakes in Speedvision. Ownership of Speedvision will enable the Company to maximize the value of its long-term commitment to NASCAR by using a cable platform with 40 million subscribers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts