Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my n75 valve was bad , after swapping it out hit full boost right away , but am now getting some pretty bad surging ( n75 j ) yes I knew ahead of time that this might have been an issue but thought I would try anyway.

Easy awnser put in a stock valve and be done with it I know.

But , curious about bypassing the N249 and whether that will sovle any of my surging , are there any aeb's out there that had succes with this bypass ? And also having trouble finding a write up with pics on this.

Besides the typical , check vac lines , do a throttle re-alignment , clean throttle body, check plugs , filter , is there anything else that can cause surging.

Also curious to know the mechanics behind suring what actually is happening that causes the car to jolt forward like that ?

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions

Andy

·
Registered
537 Posts
Hi Andy,

When you say new N75 fixed your boost problem... what was your boost problem? I am overboosting and wondering about N75. Was that the same with you or something different?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Forgot to mention also tried putting my diverter backwards (710N ) that seemed to cure the suring for first and second gear but still surged when punching it in any other gear.

I have also found that it will only really ever surge around 2800-3100 rpm if you go gently through that rpm ranger it seems to be ok makes me think that is should be curable but also know I may just have to go to the stock valve.

Still no aeb owners have read this and tried the N249 bypass would love to hear their thoughts ?

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
AEB does not have N249, the "bypass" makes a later model work like the AEB.

ditch the J valve. ;)

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
scotty is correct, your n249 is already bypassed, from the factory :)

you can keep your N75J if you put a MBC in parallel with it. A MBC in parallel will cut off the boost spike...otherwise, get a stock N75.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies yes I am going to look into either the boost valve or an mbc , in terms of install they both seem pretty easy ? Can anoyone suggest one or the other in terms of ease of install ?

If I have read about it correctly though the boost machine will allow me to more fine tunely adjust the boost onset , where as an mbc will just limit the spikes ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts