Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Originally started trying to solve here

http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216829

i almost didn;t want to post here because I am ashamed my car has been broken for soo long , but it wasn;t my fault lol got scammed on ebay for the first pipe I bought waited for it for almost 60 days.

Anway I have a new pipe in now , but still not getting any boost ! Still the same 4lbs of boost , have checked the connections to my boost gauge too many times to count , checked all other boost lines they all seem fine , there all new silicone lines as well.

So I am starting to think that maybe there are more serious issues like the turbo is finished or just about , would it be able to make any boost at all if it were almost dead , I assume a completly dead turbo would throw a CEL ? even on an aeb lol ?

·
Registered
972 Posts
Did you replaced the two little vaccume lines that connect the turbo nipples to the N75 valve? can you hear pppshhshshs noise when your car is under boost?
btw, how did you take your OEM cross pipe out? did you take the whole front end off?

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
Did you remove/check the whole Boost gauge line?

Did you check you Diverter Valve?

Check the big hose that comes off the turbo...get your hand in there and move it see if it slips off (day after running your car of course). Also I would check all the intercooler hoses/clamps etc.

Then I would do a smoke pressure test....

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies

I did have the whole front end taken off yes , paid my local indy to do it , 2 hrs labour and they replaced the front engine mount while they where in there not too bad i just didn;t want the hassle of that mess.

Checked diverter valve , it's geting a little old but seems to be ok it;s 710N , may just get a forge or similar soon though just to eliminate it as a potential

OK will check the intercooler clamps , and lower turbo pipe , and N75 , and yes have been able to hear leaking boost for too long to think about , would any garage do a smoke presuure test as you mentioned ?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
forget to say as well that I just can't beleive that fixing that disaster of a pipe didn;t do anything not even a couple psi nothin !

I can tell it's not just that the boost gauge is missing it , it's a wtf is wrong I have NO power type thing

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I read the other day about about pinching off the boost line after the n75 , tried that and got full boost right away so I guess that was the culprit get one today hopefully that will cure all

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Doesn't that get you the 8psi and not full boost?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts