Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this filter knowing that it would increase oil capacity by a considerable amount, but this thing is freakin huge :lol: After opening up the box, I was thinking that it will hit the fan on my Jetta :shock: Well basically I just wanted to post this picture up to show others. :D

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are a few threads on the Vortex about them. Others have run them and I decided to run one since they increase your oil capacity

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
D.Passat00 said:
Johnny B5.5 said:
D.Passat00 said:
the napa 1333 should be the same as the wix 51333
Yep, it is and works great. I'll never go back to the smaller units.
i use the wix too. i've got a whole case of it in my garage.
Did you get yours from Rock Auto? They were the cheapest I found.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
Johnny B5.5 said:
D.Passat00 said:
Johnny B5.5 said:
D.Passat00 said:
the napa 1333 should be the same as the wix 51333
Yep, it is and works great. I'll never go back to the smaller units.
i use the wix too. i've got a whole case of it in my garage.
Did you get yours from Rock Auto? They were the cheapest I found.
yup. i picked up 12...that should last a while.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I didn't know the WIX filter was the same, WIX I can get local, but Napa I have to mail order. Is the WIX cheaper then the Napa?

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
On a side note my mom has that phone and it actually CRASHED on her. Like OS failure. I laughed my ass off as I was yanking the battery out. Yeah, that is a huge ass filter.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Does this filter have the spring valve inside? I haven't done a change on my 1.8t yet. Just got it. And the new one I had was covered under the factory plan for first 2 years.

Anyhow, a 2.0 jetta has a filter with a spring loaded valve to keep the oil presure up. But, with the filter on the back side of the engine and not the front. That could change things? Anyone care to dive in.

I was going to buy a case of filters. I'm curious.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
I just called Champion Labs the manufacturer of Mobil-1 filters. The compatible Mobil-1 filter is M1-301.
My next change will be this one instead of the usual size.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Where can you order the Mobil1? Anyone tried it?

The RockAuto.com price is per filter is $8.84. Is there a case discount and what is shipping on a case? (I am not ready to order since I have two on hand. I paid $13 each for the Napa 1333 after the AAA discount.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.