Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
some more pics and info (found on the vortex thread):
I think the production version has the front painted red.

http://www.nihoncar.com/en/news-700-TAS+08:+Honda+Civic+Mugen+Type-RR+Exeperimental+Spec.html
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3640625
undecided.

i love the exterior, and the car has proven itself performance-wise, but Mugen/Honda did a lot of work to it. It certainly is far superior to the US-spec Mugen civic. In the end, I see the effort more as show-car, rather than an all-out fast car. For instance, for all the carbon fiber used, the overall weight saved was only about 15kg (33ish lbs?). If you like show car civics you may find this appealing, but otherwise i think its quite pointless.

Usually, I'm no fan of showcars in general, but I think the overall package here is very effective (bar the over-use of cf and dual exhausts in the rear). The seats are totally killer, and the red paint used is absolutely perfect. The engine bay is a work of art. And yes, I love that loud obnoxious rear wing!

·
Resident a-hole knowitall
15,715 Posts
holycarbonfiberalloverbatman

usually i like what Mugen does but not this time

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
holyfook

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
F&F all over again....YUCK.

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,900 Posts
lookslikesuchaboyracer!

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,696 Posts
I still don't understand why Honda has not brought over the Civic Type R to the US. A much better car IMHO.

·
Registered
574 Posts
^^^ It will sell well in the States. The first concept pics are definitely over-stated, but the toned down Type-R pics are much better. It won't be anything close to the Mits EVO, though (except for looks).

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I still don't understand why Honda has not brought over the Civic Type R to the US. A much better car IMHO.
ugh..i dont think the ctr can realistically compete with what we already have here. the base civic si is some 22k already. add further premium for the type r and the competition gets tough. id be interested to find out how well the ctr does in europe and asia.

otherwise, i do like the hatch bodystyle the most. kinda baffling how come mugen didn't use the lighter hatch for the rr.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts