Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
I'm just itching to be Banned
13,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Singer's attention to detail carries throughout the vehicle... with a decidedly modern touch. State-of-the-art Hella bi-xenon headlamps reside within the headlight buckets, while a special lightweight air-conditioning system keeps occupants cool (keen eyes will notice that even the 911's windshield wipers have been relocated to the optimal center-mounted "993" position). The audio system includes satellite radio, iPod, and Bluetooth connectivity. Navigation assistance is provided by a Garmin-sourced GPS.
The Singer 911 isn't for everyone, and its still-unannounced pricing will reflect that exclusivity. Touted by Singer as "the love child of a 1967 911S, a 1973 911 Carrera RS and a 1996 993 RS," the car is crafted for the passionate car enthusiast who is seeking a viscerally intense vehicle, surprising sophisticated, yet very reliable. It's an emotional thing. If the Singer 911 doesn't drop your jaw at first glance, it probably never will.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/24/singer-911-offers-vintage-looks-modern-appointments-exotic-per/

http://www.singervehicledesign.com/

·
In reverse, but chained to a tree.
13,904 Posts
that's awesome.
so, is this a new built porshe replica, or is it one of the old cars they tore down and built back from the ground up?

·
I'm just itching to be Banned
13,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that's awesome.
so, is this a new built porshe replica, or is it one of the old cars they tore down and built back from the ground up?
I'm thinking it is an old 911 that they stripped down to the shell and made like new. I just noticed something poking out of the hood, but I can't really tell what it is?

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,285 Posts
Come to poppa.

·
Confused
3,557 Posts
I'm in love!

·
In reverse, but chained to a tree.
13,904 Posts
I'm thinking it is an old 911 that they stripped down to the shell and made like new. I just noticed something poking out of the hood, but I can't really tell what it is?
i would bet on the rebuild as well. it has the original style two piece windshield hold-ins that all of the porsches and Vw's of that time used.

and i'd guess that it's a gas cap. these are race spec cars, so it would be plausable to say it's a second tank?

·
Registered
313 Posts
the cap in the hood should be the fuel filler. not sure what the cap on the side of the car is for... beautiful car though. i grew up around old porches. my dad has been in the porsche club my whole life. he restores cars and kind of specializes in the old porsches, especially the 356.

·
My intake has Emphysema
7,708 Posts
the cap in the hood should be the fuel filler. not sure what the cap on the side of the car is for... beautiful car though. i grew up around old porches. my dad has been in the porsche club my whole life. he restores cars and kind of specializes in the old porsches, especially the 356.
Two tanks maybe? Daily and race?
Or maybe the front can be for water to ballast? (weight distribution)
In other words, I'm clueless too.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts