Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was watchin tv on my bed then i hear a hot air balloon. thats normal for me cuz i pretty much live in rancho santa fe and balloon companies conduct tours starting near my house.

so i look out the window. AND OMYGOSH!! THIS BIG FRICKIN BALLON IS COMING!!! its like going towards my neihgbors house!! the basket part holding the people was like 10 feet over the house, barely. we live overlooking a valley with houses in the bottom of hte valley and the balloon was headed right for them. they were desperately firing the hot air jets trying to get it up but it wouldnt go up. i was FREAKED OUT when it was barrelling towards some 10 million dollar house.

the GOOD NEWS is that it managed to get enough hot air to fly over and then later they gained full altitude.

:mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,095 Posts
ouff :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,043 Posts
MRrockShow182 said:
the GOOD NEWS is that it managed to get enough hot air to fly over and then later they gained full altitude.

:mad:
Good thing they served the beans-and-broccoli 'special' prior to launch for the extra hot air :wink:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,172 Posts
Yeah, I'm sorry to say, but that would have been funny as hell if the balloon would have actually HIT the house. :lol: (As long as no one got seriously injured.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SDPassatT wrote:
Yeah, I'm sorry to say, but that would have been funny as hell if the balloon would have actually HIT the house. (As long as no one got seriously injured.)
yeah i would have laughed so ridiculously hard!! it was like something out of a cartoon!!
 

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
Joined
·
7,048 Posts
Quote:

SDPassatT wrote:
Yeah, I'm sorry to say, but that would have been funny as hell if the balloon would have actually HIT the house. (As long as no one got seriously injured.)



yeah i would have laughed so ridiculously hard!! it was like something out of a cartoon!!
That's always the funniest. I tried a few of those cartoon things as a kid and......well, let's just say it's a good thing Coyotes aren't considered endangered.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,295 Posts
We used to liv eon Penasquitos canyon, and they'd always blow/come up from the Torrey Pines area. Quite a number of times, we'd see the gondola bouncing up the side of the canyon jostling the occupants. Never any serious injuries, and 4-5 times in our 7 years there one would land in one of our neighborhood's cul-de-sacs, trucks coming up to pick up the gear and occupants. Never any damage, but some seemingly close calls! Without damage, it's just entertainment!
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top