Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, just took my 1999 Passat back out after a 3 year hiatus. The feelings were all good again. Just checking to see if there are any of the old crowd here still like Rusty, 1.8t, Colorado B5? The car still looks good 72000 on the clock I with a timing belt done at 60k. My mod list is extensive, I will have to update it.

Anyways I hear they can flash tune old AEB ECUs? I have a custom KO4 running a PC16 file and was looking to see what if any new programs are out there?

All the best,

TJ

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,293 Posts
Welcome back! If you have your old username, I can try to find it and unlock it for you.

·
Registered
28,337 Posts
Welcome back. Rusty no longer has his B5, it was given to his son or stepson after it sat for several years. AtomicAlex gave her wagon to her kid too. Seems to be a trend.
The car looks great, why park something that nice for so long?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hi there, thanks for the update!!

The Passat is a sort of time capsule for me. I had a company vehicle for 14 years so it kept the miles to weekends.
The recent parking was unexpected...
I got into boats and jetskis 5 years ago ( both with superchargers, so I had to turn the boost up and put on a bigger water to air IC :) )
I used my pulling truck to commute with and 2 years ago, I had a bad meniscus tear that took me out for a while, left my knee bone on bone... and the Passat just sat.
So I just did the oil, antifreeze and plugs... and she is back in business!

PC16 file with a DIY boost machine spiking to 20 psi. Compression is still good at ~ 180psi for all four.

The paint is still in good shape as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts