Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah i just through in the "solution"....i kinda felt like i shoulndt have done it this early(oil change about 100 miles ago w/Mobil1 0w-40). But i changed the filter out to the Purolator l43016 model. So i hope this is ok.......i wanted to know what you guys recommend for rinse phase...?

8,184 Posts
Well you have a V6 right??? If so just use dyno that cool and I would run it alittle longer then 2,000 miles during the cleaning phase......I did mine at 60,000 miles and when all said and done I didn't really have alot of stuff come out:crazy: But when I did it to mstines ride wow you should have seen the stuff that came out.....he has 100,000 miles and a 1.8T. I also did it for my GF 1.8T jetta at 25,000 miles and it was thick and black real black so I think it helps the 1.8T out more then ours:thumbup:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah no 30 valves here....only 20...hehehe.... 1.8T....but im hoping this procedure is ok

·
Registered
635 Posts
I've went through 2 full ARx cycles, all I noticed is that my rinse oil was really black. But I bought the car w/115000km so it was just for the POM, which for me was very expensive.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I know I'm a newbie so feel free to criticize, but what is Auto-Rx and where do you get it. I have an 01.5 AWM w/ 61,000 miles, when should you use the auto-rx. Tried a search but didn't see much except this post.
Thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
ilikemypassat said:
I've went through 2 full ARx cycles, all I noticed is that my rinse oil was really black. But I bought the car w/115000km so it was just for the POM, which for me was very expensive.
ilikemypassat - did you order your A-Rx online? What did it end up costing you after GST, duty, shipping, etc., etc.? I'm thinking of picking some up next time I'm in the US.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Garpo said:
ilikemypassat - did you order your A-Rx online? What did it end up costing you after GST, duty, shipping, etc., etc.? I'm thinking of picking some up next time I'm in the US.
You can only order Auto-RX online. When I bought Auto-RX back in Dec/04 at whatever the price was then, by the time it was all said and done it cost me $82 CAD for two bottles.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
ilikemypassat said:
You can only order Auto-RX online. When I bought Auto-RX back in Dec/04 at whatever the price was then, by the time it was all said and done it cost me $82 CAD for two bottles.
if you get on their mailing list they regularly run specials. if you don't beat on your turbo, use synthetic and regularly maintain it, its probably not critical for you to do it right away. I did it at 100k and will probably again at 150.

Just convinced my brother to do it on his 15 year old Jag, and the results were unbelievable.

·
Registered
111 Posts
ems said:
if you get on their mailing list they regularly run specials. if you don't beat on your turbo, use synthetic and regularly maintain it, its probably not critical for you to do it right away. I did it at 100k and will probably again at 150.

Just convinced my brother to do it on his 15 year old Jag, and the results were unbelievable.
ems,

The 5 year anniversary coupon is good deal check the web site good luck

Daryl

·
Registered
18 Posts
How is the engine Oil Capacity of a Passat 1.8T (AWM) with the bigger oil filter? I want to put an order on the Auto-Rx web site but I don't know how many bottle I will need.

·
Registered
107 Posts
QcRider said:
How is the engine Oil Capacity of a Passat 1.8T (AWM) with the bigger oil filter? I want to put an order on the Auto-Rx web site but I don't know how many bottle I will need.
It's a little over 4 qts. From what I've read on the boards here, I'm pretty sure you want to use 8oz of Auto-Rx with the 1.8T.

·
Registered
111 Posts
QcRider,

My advice to you is if you know there is sludge in your engine use the complete 12 oz I have always used the complete bottle and it has worked very well. The extra Auto-Rx will not hurt your engine good luck.

Daryl

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Daryl Baines said:
QcRider,

My advice to you is if you know there is sludge in your engine use the complete 12 oz I have always used the complete bottle and it has worked very well. The extra Auto-Rx will not hurt your engine good luck.

Daryl
What do you mean by "always". How many times have you used it? Different vehicles?

·
Registered
111 Posts
ems,

I have used Auto-Rx in three different vehicles. I am using 3oz of Auto-Rx at each at each oil change as a preventive maintenance program good luck.

Daryl

·
Registered
191 Posts
For clarification... this product can not be bought at a napa/pepboys/autozone? just online, correct? sry if this has been covered already.

·
Registered
635 Posts
ems said:
I treat my car like the queen's first born, but I bought the car @ 72K with no maintenance history which is why I did the 2 treatments back-to-back (as per the instructions for a sludge prone engine). I have had no engine related issues other than the Cam Chain Tensioner.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts