Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe how FILTHY she has allowed MY car to become. But alas, I suppose Wisconsin winters are harsh after all.

So - I think if I go with the Eibach kit sold by VW, it will do the trick? 1.3 inches of lowering?

Opinions please.....

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You fellaz are terrible! :wink: :p

In October when I bought the W8, all I got was :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Now, my V6 is being called a Touareg because of wheel gap. Rough crowd.

So - can anyone clear up the matter for me with regards to whether or not a 1.3 inch drop from the Eibach kit (VW accessory) is going to do the trick here? -Still can't decide whether to go with 17's or 18's.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
nice bro, cant wait to see the mods :thumbup:

·
Registered
11,541 Posts
You've got more the 3 inches of gap to kill and I don't think 1.2 or 1.3 inches will quite make a noticable enough difference. You need to be looking at something that will cut that gap by half or slightly more in order to make the drop worth doing. Go with B+Gs (~1.8" real drop) for $179, H&Rs (~2" real drop) for $199 or Neuspeed Sports (~1.7" real drop) for $155.

The Neuspeeds can be had from the GB thread btw!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
S_Klass said:
Go with B+Gs (~1.8" real drop) for $179, H&Rs (~2" real drop) for $199 or Neuspeed Sports (~1.7" real drop) for $155.

The Neuspeeds can be had from the GB thread btw!
Why does the Tire Rack say that the H&R's will only give 1 inch of real drop?

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/Susptabl.jsp?scat=Shocks&category=Springs&scat=Springs&scat=CoilOver&autoMake=Volkswagen&autoModel=Passat+GLS+V6&autoModClar=&autoYear=2000&brand=all&perfcat=premium&perfcat=perf&x=105&y=5

·
Retired PassatWorld Staff
6,165 Posts
Save yourself some $ and get the Eibach kit from shox.com. It will be a fraction of the price that the dealer's going to charge.

·
Registered
11,541 Posts
Hmmm my mistake, you've got the V6 and the actual drop on the B5 V6 is more like 1.5" with Sport Springs. It's the B5 1.8T that gets almost 2 inches of drop from H&Rs.

The .85 to 1 inch of drop comes from the H&R OE Sports. A drop of less than 1 inch is not really worth if you are looking for a noticable difference.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts