Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/apnews/stories/022404/D80TIUIG0.shtml

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - A woman says deputies made a her a deal after finding a pound of marijuana in her car: If she turned over the car, she wouldn't be charged with a felony.
this is one of the most blatant money-grabs I've seen in a long time.

the law seems more corrupt than those they are trying to 'protect and serve'!

...at least tony soprano isn't trying to act all innocent when he asks for hush money...

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
When I was younger....5-8 years ago.....Ive been caought with weed at least 5 times....not with a pound, I smoked......but everytime the cop took it and let me go.......

We all know why.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

On top of that, my ex-next door neighbor was a cop and we smoked on regular basis :lol: 8)

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the WAG is, on one level, a simple economic device for raising funds. it was never about morality, I don't think.

just like speeding tickets - most of us can agree that speeding tickets are fund-raisers for the local constable. same thing with the extreme rapage and lootage the gov gets away with if they want to involve a drug charge against you.

the gov has WAY too much power when it comes to how it can ruin an individual's life. or damage it, severely, when it takes all you own and uses the drug laws as an excuse to legally steal from you.

I've known people who had this happen to them. this kind of legalized citizen-abuse happens all the time ;(

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
linux-works said:
the WAG is, on one level, a simple economic device for raising funds. it was never about morality, I don't think.

just like speeding tickets - most of us can agree that speeding tickets are fund-raisers for the local constable. same thing with the extreme rapage and lootage the gov gets away with if they want to involve a drug charge against you.

the gov has WAY too much power when it comes to how it can ruin an individual's life. or damage it, severely, when it takes all you own and uses the drug laws as an excuse to legally steal from you.

I've known people who had this happen to them. this kind of legalized citizen-abuse happens all the time ;(
I wish there were more people that thought like us......up top in the Government. But til that day........

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
You think this is bad??

There are many police departments that confiscate "drug related property" and then auction it off. In some cases half the money they make off the auctions go to POLICE PENSION FUNDS!! Talk about incentives....

·
Super Moderator
14,051 Posts
upshot said:
You think this is bad??

There are many police departments that confiscate "drug related property" and then auction it off. In some cases half the money they make off the auctions go to POLICE PENSION FUNDS!! Talk about incentives....
ummm...that's basically what's happening here isn't it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
Urlik
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing