Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be picking up my '04 GLS on Wednesday, and am not one to roll around with that 4x4 look... :(

So, i'll be getting some sort of spring / shock combo immediatley, but want something that is going to offer a similiar ride to stock, but drop me to about a 2 finger gap from tire to wheel well... what are my options...? prices...?

Then i'll be getting some 18" rims, but not sure what... leaning towards some BBS joints...

If i go 8.5" wide with a 235/40 tire, what offset should i be looking at...? and i like my wheels pushed towards the corners ala BMW style, but NOT sticking out from the wheel well AT ALL... :( i like them abotu even with the fenders, so what size spacers would i be looking at...?

Thanks for any input fellas... feel free to throw anything else at me that i may have overlooked...

I'm just coming out of a Jetta 1.8T where i ran the stock 17" LongBeach's with 12/20mm spacers with the Eibach ProSystem, and that shit looks on point... :bow:

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Eibach ProKit is about a 1.2 inch drop front and rear. Sounds like what you would be looking for. I suggest a 35 mm offset. With the 235 tire it should put you about where you want to be.
what's going to be the difference in overall diameter with the 235/40 as opposed to the 225/40...?

What would you recommend... will the 235 cause any issues with clearance...?

I'm going to call you Wednesday to order those BBS's and the S03's...

Thanks...

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
I have the Eibach Prosystem with 235/45/17 35 mm offset and it fills up the wheel wells nicely. No rubbing at all

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I also agree with the Eibach setup. I think Shox.com was the cheapest palce I found them. Let them know you want the Clubb5 discount. As for the "raked" look, I have seen posts talking about how to get rid of that problem. Unfortunately these posts just confused me. I don't notice any "rake" on my setup, so I kind of just ignore them anyways.

As for rim advice... There are way too many styles to choose from. Its up to your personal tastes. I suggest browsing through the regional forums to get some ideas. Or just wait and your dream rims will appear in the classifieds.

Good luck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.