Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Does anyone else have a problem with a oily film on the winshield? :???: Seems like when i use the wipers there is an oily film where the wipers double over each others path(in the middle)! :mad: When it's raining you can't really see out the center of the winshield. Is this just from the grime on the roads? What will clean it off?(I've tried rubbing alcohol.
-Ryan

·
Registered
322 Posts
Road grime....
Window cleaner like windex, the a final wipe with a newspaper.
Or use the cleaner BonAnmi (sp?)
Otherwise you may need new blades

·
Registered
555 Posts
Clean your windows with some (glass grade) steel wool or white scotchbrite pads, and then try your wipers, and see if it is road grime or your wipers. The you'll knwo what it truly is. :thumbup:

·
Registered
555 Posts
We used it on rear windows to get off old tint glue and to clean the windows... There are a lot of different grades of steel wool, and the coarser will scratch,
So make sure you get the softest grade steel wool even a step below the "glass" grade. & try it in an inconspicious area just to be safe ( Your going to be pissed if you scuff the sh*t out of your windshield.

·
Registered
322 Posts
On the side windows yes! ( the ice and frost come right off). For the windshild I have had mixed results. It doesn't last that long with the wipers going alot but does help overall.

·
Registered
26,826 Posts
Make sure you clean the wiper blades,if you do not replace them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts