Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the gasket and I noticed a unusually large difference in the Genuine VW price and one on ECS and FCP Euro by Victor Reinz. They have the genuine for around $50, $60 at the dealership, and the Victor Reinz is $2.90. That's a very large difference. So much so that I'm concerned about the quality, especially since it's not the easiest job in the world getting the housing removed. I referring to the gasket that sits between the housing and the block. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Victor Reinz is perfectly fine ,dealership's probably is some type of "moon polymer" ,I mean if it is so darn great why would it ever need to be replace, let me know any insights as I have to eventually do mine at 230k miles, I use a lot of Victor Reinz stuff on my B5.5 with no problems

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Victor Reinz is perfectly fine ,dealership's probably is some type of "moon polymer" ,I mean if it is so darn great why would it ever need to be replace, let me know any insights as I have to eventually do mine at 230k miles, I use a lot of Victor Reinz stuff on my B5.5 with no problems
Thank you. I went ahead and ordered it. Hopefully it holds up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts