Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a V6 2000 GLX B5.

I'm looking for an after market oil filter (not VW).
Does anyone have the part number and the Brand for the one you are using?
I went to different places and they said different things.
Auto zone had 2 part numbers for the Boush and 2 for Fram, etc.
Which is the right one?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Don't use Fram!!!! Thats for sure. They are crap.....so I have been told by a friend of mine who is a mechanic. I always have been told the Mann is solid, but you want aftermarket. Then I would recomment the NAPA filter. It is basically a Wix.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yep, NAPA Gold filter (OEM) is a good one. I "believe" the number is 1180 but ask them to be sure of course. Also many people say the NAPA 1333 is a good one. It is substantially larger than the OEM filter therefore it requires more oil, but it gets you more oil over the 3.8 measly qts. we've got standard. I agree, avoid the Fram filters... As soon as Wal-Mart starting selling them, I knew they were crap (no offense to wal-mart but they don't exactly sell high-end car parts)

Good luck,
-Chris

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
PureOne - PL30001 (1/2 qtz additional oil) - Pepboy
Mobile 1 - M301 (1/2 qtz additional oil)
Wix - 51333 (1 qtz additional oil) - Same as napa 1333

General consensus around here is stay away from the radio active orange canister from Fram.

·
Registered
152 Posts
slow down guys...he said he has a v6. The 1333 is for the 1.8T.

I sell filters, my napa catalog is open in front of me ....2000 ...passat....v6....

napa gold part # 1355. (wix #51355)

great filter, Ive sold them for 8 years (and used them for more), no complaints, thousands of happy customers.

·
Registered
152 Posts
by the way...I dont want to sound like a salesman so I will say that there are alot of good filters out there but you should be able to find the napa filter pretty easy, most napa stores should stock that number.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.