Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an oil cooler from my previous project car and was wondering if it would still work on my B5? It's an after market kit that i never installed and was designed to work on a 1.6-1.8L motor.

So i suppose the question is, is it possible to hook it up to my B5? Would it offer any positive effects or will it be mainly for looks?

(it looks like a reall thin FMIC; i'll snaps some pics and post later)

If it matters, it's a Spoon Oil Cooler for a 1.6 B16A-1.8L B18C honda/acura. And my B5 is a 99 1.8T 5spd sedan.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I can't comment on the install, but it sounds like a good way to increase the oil capacity. I am going to the NAPA 1333 filter with my next oil change just to get a little more oil in there (half a quart more?). Anything to reduce the potential for sludge.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My thoughts on the product is that it's suppoed to help cool the oil "quicker" therefore allowing me to run the car a bit harder?! :???: I originally got it for a project car that i was going to road-race...but now i'm thinking it can be of use on my B5 during my spurts of "fun" and plus...it can't Hurt can it!?

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
i've been thinking of getting one myself, i wonder on the advantages it would give on oil life and turbo cooling!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts